Amy Camp is a passionate placemaker and trail tourism expert. She is the founder of Cycle Forward, a consulting agency that supports trail communities across the United States and Canada.
With 14 years of experience in outdoor recreation consulting and tourism coaching in North America, Amy focuses on helping communities and individuals thrive by leveraging regional assets, incorporating nature experiences, and cultivating a trail culture.
Her services include:
- Trail tourism and placemaking consulting
- Outdoor recreation economy research
- Destination marketing
- Community engagement
- Workshop and meeting facilitation
- Nature experiences
Amy has worked with local, regional, and national nonprofits and agencies to provide customized recreation tourism and trail town solutions based on each client’s needs and constraints. Amy’s well-rounded placemaking knowledge and community revitalization experiences have enabled her to work seamlessly with a diverse group of clients in the conservation, outdoor recreation, and tourism sectors.
In addition to her wealth of experience, Amy is an Associate Certified Coach through the International Coach Federation, which helps her conduct effective engagements and discussions with clients and stakeholders.
Cycle Forward is a Pennsylvania Certified Women’s Business Enterprise.
Work Experience Highlights
- Supported the implementation and management of the nationally-recognized Trail Town Program® along Maryland and Pennsylvania’s Great Allegheny Passage
- Designed and helped launch Kawarthas Northumberland’s Trent-Severn Trail Town Program along the 386-km Trent-Severn Waterway in Ontario, Canada
- Assessed the first decade of the trail town movement for Rails-to-Trails Conservancy
Volunteer and Board Services
- Board member of the Continental Divide Trail Coalition, 2021 – Present
- Board Secretary and Chair of the Hulet Hornbeck Emerging Leaders Scholarship Program | Board of American Trails | 2012 – 2017
- Board member | International Coach Federation Pittsburgh | 2017 – 2019
- Block Watch Lead | Holla Neighbor group in Pittsburgh’s South Side | 2019-Present
Invite Amy to Your Conferences and Events
Amy is actively involved in the trails and outdoor recreation communities, and her specialty is in trail town planning and implementation. She is available for speaking opportunities at conferences and trainings.